The Santa Clara Branch offers a recital opportunity for students who are just beginning to develop experience performing in public. The Branch Junior Recitals will be held in a more relaxed setting, memorization is not required, and students in elementary levels are welcome to play. Repertoire should range from beginning pieces up to early Sonatinas.
|December 10, 2016||Program|
|January 28, 2017||Program|
|February 25, 2017||Program|
|March 25, 2017||Program|
|April 22, 2017||Program|
|May 27, 2017||Program|
If you would like to apply for some of your students to play on this recital:
- You must be a member of MTAC Santa Clara to enroll students in the recital.
- Teachers may submit applications for three students. More applications may be considered if there is room on the recital program.
- Submit one application for each student or ensemble.
- Applications must be received by the 15th of the month before the recital.
- There is a $10 fee for participation.
- The time limit for a performance is 3 minutes.
Dress Code and Recital Guidelines
- Female performers should wear knee-length skirts or dresses, or dressy slacks with blouses. (No exposed midriff.)
- Male performers should wear dress slacks and dress shirt. Ties and jackets are optional.
- Dress shoes are required for all performers. Please, no athletic shoes or back-less sandals.
- Students should arrive 15 minutes early. All recitals will start on time.
- Violin students should tune their violins before recital.
- All students and accompanists should sit in a front row.
- Teachers, please advise students and parents of recital etiquette, e.g. bowing before and after the performance, staying quietly seated during a performance, staying for the entire program, etc.
- Flash photography is not permitted during a recital. Video cameras may be used provided they are set up in the rear of the recital hall and kept clear of the aisles.
- No program changes will be made once programs are on the website.